Friday, May 23, 2008

We are expanding our local news coverage to Barrie!




Earlier this month I got the opportunity to travel to Barrie for the Construction Association members meeting at the Robert Simpson Brewing Company and I got to meet some great people especially Scott Ward the association President and Barb Rousseau the association executive director and sample a great beer. (If anyone from Robert Simpson Brewing Company is reading this send me an email so I can provide me mailing address to send me a free case for mentioning the beer, lol http://www.robertsimpsonbrewery.com/)


My reason for going was an effort to expand our local news coverage of the GTA paper to Barrie much like we have for the Niagara Construction Association. The members I spoke with were very friendly, Scott and Barb great hosts for the event.


I also found out about the “Build for Gilda’s” project, which will see a house built in just 3 days, begins June 20th. Members of both the Barrie Construction Association and Great Barrie Home Builders Association we be donating their time, skills and materials to build the home which will then be sold and the money given to Gilda's Club Barrie. Here is a link to the press release: http://www.barrieca.com/pdf/GIldas%20Media%20-%20May%2019%202008.pdf


As I traveled back after home after speaking to Barb about the association profile we are doing in July I started to read over the association handbook and decided being a member of the association would be worthwhile (I could also justify taking additonal trips north in the warm weather to my boss). So last week we sent in our application for membership and look forward to the next meeting.


If you are a Barrie construction professional and would like to submit some events or news for coverage please send me an email at chasemarketing@sympatico.ca


No comments: