Monday, June 2, 2008

100% Canadian Made


There is a saying, "As American as Apple Pie." I prefer, "As Canadian as Don Cherry."
I was talking with a company about doing a profile on them for the Ontario Constrcution Report last week and they said they had been hassled by a company based out of Texas to do this. They decided against doing the profile because the company was being very aggressive in there approach.
I offered the following information, "The great thing about our paper is that its 100% Canadian made. Our staff and the printers are located in Ontario and are also members of some of the same associations."
I went on to explain that I understand the importance of relationships not only through networking with association events but also the value of a great group of trades and suppliers. As a fellow member of the Canadian Construction Association I also explainged that membership is not guaranteed and if our practises were similar to that of the company in Texas we would not be members.
The contact is going to let things cool down at the office and will present my offer later this month and I will see how things progress.
What are your thoughts about choosing Made in Canada vs. going outside? Send me an email at chasemarketing@sympatico.ca and share your thoughts.

No comments: