Sunday, July 6, 2008

The value of a referral!



This week I contacted a company I was provided on a list of trades and suppliers for a feature article I am working on. The company wanted to advertise but are in the process of designing and building their new office space and they have cut extra spending from the advertising budget.


I replied to the email thanking the contact for getting back to me and I let him know that he did not need to purchase an ad if he wanted t participate by submitting photos of the work he did or to be interviewed. He got back to me and said when they move into the new office that he would like for me to do a feature on his company based on my offer.


I followed up one last time an offered him a free ad in any feature I did where he referred me to the contractor of a project he was working on. Of course he was more then happy to respond and is currently developing a list of projects.


The key to this whole email based conversation was both of us being courteous to one another.

The same offer I have made here I would like to extend to other trades and suppliers who can point me in the right directon of a contractor or acrhitect. If you are working on a project you would like featured send me an email at chasemarketing@sympatico.ca

1 comment:

MechanicalChris said...

We completely agree, I have a group of associates I know and trust and invite them to exchange referrals on a service such as http://www.referralkey.com/ and I can then track and create new business relationships. It sounds like you and your readers could benefit from a tool that will allow you to turn those 3 or for connections into a rewarding referral network.