Friday, July 11, 2008

Web presence in 45 minutes or less?

With a business card, a scanner and 45 minutes of my time I helped a friend launch his business on the web.
Recently I posted that I was trying to find a contractor for a new driveway and that original post was advertised on my FaceBook profile. The post was reviewed by a person on my friend list and that lead to a discussion about how I could use what I have learned from creating my blog to launching a company online.

Now the new blog for the Hole 9 Yards is still under construction, yet Al and his business partner/wife Bonnie are pulling together some pictures of previous jobs with descriptions for me to post along with some photos of the company vehicles and equipment. This additonal content will be more relevant and appealing to potential customers.

The possibilities for them to use the blog not only as a place to show off the services they provide and examples of work, but this allows customers who may not of known about the company window shop 24 hours a day anywhere in the Niagara Region. For a company that has built it reputation so far by referrals and face to face meetings the blog will not replace that strength of the business, it will only add another resource for people to accesss.

Stay tuned as further updates are made to the new blog http://hole9yards.blogspot.com/. I am interested to hear about how your business first ventured into the world wide web or how you are starting to break in. Send me an email at chasemarketing@sympatico.ca

No comments: