Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Customer Care





This morning at the Ontario Home Builders Conference in Colingwood I enjoyed listening to Paul Cardis of Avid Ratings Co present "Ten Top Secrets to Create Avid Customers vs. Satisfied Ones" and two things stood out for me the most.
First was showing your customers you care. He said that your customers would be more satisfied if they thought you cared and made mistakes then being perfect and them feeling you did not care.

Second was instead of telling people there may be a mistake you inoculate them against what may have gone wrong. The example he used was to protect you from getting sick they inoculate you so your body can build up a defence. When you inoculate your customers against what could have gone wrong you build their trust.
My take away from this is to ensure that I am upfront and straightforward with my customers. Ensure they understand the process involved with our relationship and highlight any potential issues. If I do find their could have been a mistake, I make sure I respond to the issue raised write away and escalate it for resolution to make sure the seriousness my client feels is also demonstrated by me.
How do you ensure you are building a model of customer care and trust?

No comments: