Monday, October 20, 2008

47,000 reasons I do not like email today...

The image above brings to mind peoples frustration when dealing with tech support for computer and email issues with an outsourced agent. In today's age a new interactive chat function on web sites, these is some releif in regards to the misconception of dealing with people with accents or who do not sound like us, "EH!". Customer service from companies like Bell are often outsourced to country's such as India but you would be amazed at the true skill and education levels of the people you are dealing with. From my previous profession in direct marketing with contact centres I found that reps from India had in most cases at least 3 years universitry education.

So far tonight the interactive and immediate chat solution for customer service has been a pleasant one. Obviously this may not be a tool we or most construction related companies could use in a traditional setting and I find it har dto believe a contractor would outsource tech support for sub trades to contact if a question arose regarding plans.

Back to the reason of this post...

I am in a bit of a breakdown state of mind, just got back from my son's hockey practise and noticed I had 47,000 emails downloading when I logged in to check email.

It appears someone has used my email address as a return address for a UK Lotto scheme. Just got off of from speaking with tech support and hopefully it will be resolved in the next hour.

In the meantime I may have to reply on old fashioned technology for people to reach me tomorrow, I will check my mail box out front of my house.

Wish me luck!

No comments: