Sunday, November 9, 2008

My social Calendar the next two months




Here is a quick recap of the association events I will be attending between now and the end of the year. I also have listed a few member events that I have been invited to. Why do I track these?




Well besides the obvious chance to network and get and meet people it ensures that I am making the most of my opportunities to get involved with construction community and not just report on it.




Recently at our yearly planning session one rep could not get past the perception of just providing a prize for an event and volunteering or being part of the committee. Now participation on association committees and volunteering started out as an optional thing to do, but based on the shared experience of myself and our rep from North Carolina and culture change has started. Participation is the key to the long term success of not only or our company but for any business who used associations as a away to market and network for business.




In the past as an account manger or advertising rep for our publications the only time people would see or hear from us was when we were doing a feature or asking for something. Now we are truly getting involved and the asking has become less frequent, the reason people are more willing to give before you ask because of your involvement.




Check out my calendar below, and if you have an event you want some coverage on or would like to invite me, simply give me a call.




Nov 11 NHBA Dinner Meeting and Table Top Trade Show- St.Catharines

Nov 12 Wood WORKS Awards Gala- Toronto Congress Centre

Nov 13 Wood Solutions Fair- Toronto Congress Centre

Nov 14 – Gateway Homes Open House NHBA Member - Fonthill

Nov 20 – Artwood Flooring NHBA Member Design Centre Open House – St.Catharines

Nov 28 BCA and GBHBA Christmas Dinner and Dance – Barrie

December 2 NHBA Christmas Dinner – St.Catharines

December 3-5 Construct Canada – Metro Toronto Convention Centre

Dec 11 – NCA Christmas Food Drive – St.Catharines

Dec 20 - Pre-Con Christmas Dinner - Brampton

No comments: