Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Publishers View Point Jan 2009



Welcome to 2009, a New Year with new events for the Construction News and Report Group to attend starting with the Ontario Forum in Toronto and the Barrie Construction Association (BCA) Annual General Meeting and Dinner.

Ontario Forum 2009 (hosted by the Ontario Home Builders Association) takes place over two days at the Westin Prince Hotel in Toronto on January 13th with the Industry Leaders' Reception & Dinner and on the 14th and offering an exciting mix of seminars designed to educate, speakers who will challenge your thinking, and tool and product displays to stimulate your sense of innovation. In its 21ST year of bringing cutting-edge information and exceptional networking opportunities to Homebuilders, Renovators, Architects, Realtors and other industry professionals, in an atmosphere of collective learning and fun.

My goal for this event is to network with members from across Ontario and develop new relationships to help me with my local Niagara Home Builders Association as I start to take on a larger role on a committee for the Renomark program. I also hope to gather more insight that I can use for the program and ideas of rolling out a publication similar to the Ottawa Renovate magazine we are launching time for Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association and their Renovation Home Show. My vision for Niagara is to dedicate a whole issue of Structures (NHBA Newspaper) to the Renomark program and renovating to help spread the word about the value of using a Renomark certified renovator and distribute to a large consumer audience across the Niagara Region.

A day after returning from Ontario Forum on January 15th I will head up to Barrie to attend my first AGM and Dinner to continue to build a strong relationship with the BCA and its members. While there I hope to connect with a few potential clients for features and get some photos for use in our community news section.

February is only a few weeks away, yet I need to start mapping out my trip to Quebec for the Canadian Home Builders Association Conference and a short trip to London to connect with the construction association there. 2009 for me will be about new relationships and how I can help promote associations and the construction industry. There are a lot of interesting people who work in our field and I hope to gain new insight and new friends.

Chase is the Director of Client Services for the Construction News and Report Group as well as the Associate Publisher for the GTA Construction Report and Structures, the Niagara Home Builders Association Newspaper. If you have any recommendations or suggestions on changes you would like to suggest for the papers please contact him toll free at 1-888-432-3555 ext 211 or email him chasemarketing@sympatico.ca

No comments: