Sunday, March 1, 2009

twitter

Today at the 66th Annual Canadian Home Builders Association Conference in Quebec City, Tod Mathison from CBC discussed several free online tools that could be used to help brand your companies image.

Tod spoke about Facebook and setting up groups or pages like I have done for the Ontario Construction Report . He also spoke about using You Tube for posting videos of renovation projects or demonstrations of the type of work you do as a builder/renovator.

The last web based solution he discussed was twitter. twitter allows a user to post updates of things they are doing and follow other people in their daily lives. My purpose will be for professional uses only. Things I have started to use it for are posting what industry events I am at and posting current issues of our papers.

I have been playing with twitter for a while today and discovered that there are groups you can join also. My next step will be setting up a new group. As twitter and its potential evolves I will share updates on the uses I have found for my work.

No comments: