Sunday, June 21, 2009

I don't do marketing I create Trust



Checking out the Construction Marketing Ideas blog this evening I came across a posting by Mark Buckshon from the Design and Construction Network.

Erin Orr, CPSM Marketing Director at FOX Architects LLC posted this interesting response to a
posting called Do we need to rebrand branding?

Erin Orr, wrote the following that has me spinning at nearly midnight and feeling like I have had a Jerry MaGuire moment, success in built on trust and trust is built through relationships. Relationships are not built on the colour of my business card or the shape it is about the connection I have with my customer.

"The value of the work BRANDING is decreasing due to the less brand savvy who have the misperception that it is a company mark or colors. BRANDING is a higher level of thinking and does not to be re branded itself in my opinion. The way to avoid the downward spiral to a buzz word with BRANDING would be to educate those less savvy to understand that BRANDING is a persons gut reaction or feeling about a product, service, or company. While we cannot dictate a corporate brand perception we can create and control identity that positions for the intended brand outcome. Please educate the anti-branders before it is too late..."

The next week should be interesting and I turn my focus away from how flashy I present myself and focus on strengthening my existing relationships to build new trust.

No comments: