Friday, October 30, 2009

Open Forums for Feedback or Attacks of your "Brand"?

Got an interesting error message that my DELL Inspiron 1501 Laptop Battery was nearing the end of its life.



The only great thing about this post is the ease DELL made it for me to go to their site to order a new one. The cost for a replacement battery, $165. Depending on sales of their laptops that is a third of a cost towards the purchase of a new one.



In reviewing their site I found their section which allowed customers to do ratings, the replacement battery feedback was a lowly 1.3 of 5. Even more shocking of the 121 reviews was the fact I could not find any feedback from a DELL employee.



In the service industry I am always open to feedback positive or negative about our products and respond within 24 hours of getting a comment. Our systems are not as elaborate at DELL for Customer Ratings, however if they were I would make sure I monitored them (not sensor them) and provide replies and follow up to help rebuild peoples impressions of our brand.



Now I am left with the choice to do one of the following:



- By a replacement battery from DELL for $165



- Go to a local retailer and get a comparative battery for $105



Or switch to a different brand of laptop.



Based on the Customer Ratings at DELL and the lack of customer and brand management by them I think I will look for a new solution. I wonder if I can get a deal on a MAC?

No comments: