Friday, May 16, 2008

I think I found the right Blog service?

A couple months back I decided to venture into the world of blogs and racking what I was doing for the clients I dealt with as Director of Client Services for the Construction News and Report Group of Companies www.constructionnrgroup.com (I know the web site is not pretty or functional, a new site is being developed and that is another story.) So I searched for a free service and did not give it to much thought when I picked the follow blog service from www.blog.com you can see my old blog at http://chasemarketing.blog.com/

At first I was impressed at getting it up and running and finding some responses from people actually reading it. Problem was as I became familiar with the layout, posting and wanting to make changes I soon realized the limitations of this free service.

A few weeks ago an associate of mine who covers our Ottawa papers, Dan Smith started up his owm blog and quickly found the service he was using was also limiting (you can read Dans blog here http://smithereensblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/top-5-reasons-i-left-wordpress-for.html ) and through reading his extensive research he had found blogger.com to be user and design friendly.

If I had actually paid attention to what the publisher and president of the company I work for Mark Buckshon was using I would have saved myself alot of time and effort. You can look at Marks blog here http://www.constructionmarketingideas.blogspot.com/

Now the real fun begins as I try to transfer over past posts though updates and deciding if I shoudl just leave my old blog up or not.

Have you recenly set up a blog? Have you struggled to find the right one to use? Share your experiences.

No comments: