Saturday, May 17, 2008

My son signed his first hockey contract today!


So I got the news today my soon to be 7 year old son has made the AA St.Catharines Junior Falcons Hockey Team, excitement that he has signed his first hockey contract (lol) and now dread settles in, the cost of it all.
My son now has to become a sales expert to unload $140 in raffle tickets (the league cleverly makes us pay for in the total $1000 investment just to play which will be lowered by $140 once he sales his tickets). On top of the hockey draw tickets he needs to secure a $200 sweater sponsor as well.
So where do I go? Do I do what Billy Bob Thorton did in the remake of the Bad News Bears and see if the local Private Eyes Adult Entertainment Longe (Strip club) will provide 100 toonies? I will start working on my shortlist of potential candiates for my front tooth missing son to contact in the next week. Anyone have a contact at Reebok?
Well as a bonus to having their name listed on my sons sweater I will offer the following to the lucky sponsor:
- mention in my blog
- Skyscraper ad with link
- Updates throughout the season with planty of photos of your sweater
- A chance to renew for the 2009 season with a 25% discount (lol)
Wish my future NHLer luck.

No comments: