Friday, September 11, 2009

Do you say "Thank you" enough?


Do we say "Thanks" enough any more?


One of the first things I started doing many years ago when dealing with clients was always to send a little "Thank you" card to all my clients via snail mail. I started this when I was 10 years old as a newspaper carrier and continue to do it today.


Oddly enough the past few months I have received either an email or phone call back from my clients saying "Thank you" in return that someone still does that kind of thing. As we have moved more to technology simple things like a lunch meeting, general follow up calls or even letters have been replaced by an email, even dreaded birthday cards are now being sent electronically.


I remember on my birthday the excitement I had waiting for the mail to arrive to get a card (I was hoping to get a $10 bill as well, lol) and I still see the same excitement in my children's eyes when they get mail. A simple "Thank you" note by mail is a nice break from electronic communication and a very easy way to make sure you clients have your business card and know that you do appreciate their business.
A "Thank you" note is a simple way to add a personalized touch with your clients and makes you stand out from your competitors.


No comments: