Monday, September 21, 2009

Good times at the BCA BBQ



This past Friday I got to cook up 100 or so steaks at the Annual Barrie Construction Association (BCA) Members Day BBQ. In the small print when you become the newest (and youngest) director you have to do the cooking. Can't wait to do some hazing of the new directors in 2011, lol.

Of all the work I did last week the 3 hours of running the grill at the BCA I actually accomplished the most. I had the opportunity to talk with Anita Stacey the President of the Barrie Construction Association about doing a profile on her for our February issue looking at Women in Construction. Soon afterwards Tara Christensen the President of the Niagara Construction Association stopped in to introduce one of there reps in the area. I also had the chance to talk with her about a profile as well.



I als had the opportunity to speak with another customer while there to set up a new 12 month advertising contract for our GTA Construction Report. A lot accomplished in 3 hours, but nothing that was high pressure. Just in normal conversation the seeds I had planted in an earlier email or phone call naturally came up to discuss. In this age whee virtual seems to have replaced the majority of travel I would have had to ade 10 years a go, in person meetings now seem more effective especially in a setting at a Construction Association where everyone is a member.




No comments: